Partnerships need to prove themselves. This also counts for polymer-active partnerships. Normally, each collaboration starts with a customized feasibility study. Such a study may be structured step-wise to expand the collaboration while learning the benefits of the partnership.
Elements that may make part of feasibility studies are:
- polymer selection / customized polymer synthesis
- analytical methods set-up
- polymer-active compatibility / recovery studies
- release control studies
- tissue tolerability studies
- basic biocompatibility / tox studies
- product concept and prototype development
At InGell Labs we take care of most of the feasibility work. Usually where the final application is closely in sight, such as specific tissue tolerability studies, your participation becomes crucial.